This article guides you through the process of upgrading the Office 2007 and Outlook 2010 installed on Trumpet Behavioral Health notebooks and desktops. If you are unsure about this process or if you need to update, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at 925-249-1226 extension 1.
Before beginning you need to know the following information:
- Make sure you have enough time. The process itself will take about an hour to complete, possibly longer if you have a slower Internet connection as much of the install happens over the Internet.
- You won't be able to use any of the new Office applications unless you have your Office 365 login.
- If you're upgrading a notebook, you need to make sure it is plugged into AC power.
- Make sure the device is not set to sleep when plugged in.
- Our upgrade application will also set an automatic reboot in 8 hours to make sure that everything is cleaned up afterwards though you are free to reboot any time prior which will cancel the reboot set for later.
- Your Outlook email profile configuration will be retained however Outlook will re-download your email. This will take some time so continue to keep the notebook plugged into power after launching Outlook 2016 and allow all folders to complete their update.
- Outlook 2016 by default downloads only the last 12 months of data with the remaining on the server. This helps to keep the amount of data stored locally on your notebook to a reasonable amount so that performance is maintained. No email is lost or deleted. It's all available on the server and can be searched directly by logging into the web portal http://outlook.tbh.com
You should have already received your Office 365 (to install Office 2016) login information which is your email address and your assigned password. If you've not yet received your login information or if you're having difficulty logging in, please email us at [email protected] or call us at 925-249-1226 extension 1.
Make sure your computer is plugged into AC power and Sleep is disabled for when plugged in.
Download and Run UpgradeOffice.exe
Close all Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) then download and run our UpgradeOffice application which will remove the old TBH Office installations and install the correct version of Office 2016.
Let this program run to completion. Closing this dialog box will render all office applications unusable.
Before you can use the new Office you'll need to first reset your Office 365 password
Open your browser to https://portal.office.com and log in with your given Office 365 credentials.
Change your password
You will be required to change the default password given, do try to use a strong one!
Launch any Office 2016 application and log in to activate
Now we're going to log in with our Office 365 credentials. These are the credentials we just configured a moment ago.
Accept the update agreement and you're done!
Reboot when convenient for you however if you don't reboot, the system will force a reboot in 8 hours to complete any remaining configuration.
If you have any questions, please email them to us at [email protected] or call us at 925-249-1226 extension 1.